Sunday 16 June 2013

Emotions [4]

Here we are at the end of another exciting and weird week!

This week didn't see the script as the main protagonist of our workshop: young actors preferred to concentrate on Emotions, especially things that they observed in between our meetings, and transpose them into stage context, analysing in particular how to make them credible for the stage.

We also used music to explore Emotions and how it affects the way we feel, using a playlist made of music I was hoping they didn't know. It was interesting to see that most of the listed Emotions they came up with matched (they were divided in two groups), whereas for some other tracks they picked completely different feelings.  One of them even shared two tracks from their iPod, so we had ten pieces of music in total.

We then passed on to movement, linking this to non-verbal communication and how we express Emotions without words! It was very interesting to see how a feeling can be expressed through movement, even without being an experienced dancer.

This concept reinforces one of my deepest beliefs: that we are all capable of creating movement and rhythm - it's in our blueprint, it's just a talent that needs to be nurtured!  It was also beautiful to see how those who chose to use movement to express an emotion from their list did so safe in the knowledge that they were not judged or criticised: these young actors know that the space I created is safe, and that fills me with pure joy!

We're moving swiftly in to exploring Status next week but only for one hour!
Nevertheless, I have exciting activities that should sparkle discussion!

I have a lot more to share but I like leaving a bit of suspence every now and then, but I'm tired and not 100% myself at present, so I'll say good night and have a fab week ahead!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment